What Is Raw Honey? A Gift From The Bees!By
If you are wanting to substitute sugar, raw honey is one of my favorite sugar substitutes. This natural sweetener comes straight from the bees without processing. It is loaded with healthy nutrients and enzymes for your body, it is very healthy for kids, and it does not spike blood sugar levels.
The only exception is you should not feed it to babies under 1 years of age.
With great interest to most moms, you will be happy to know that this sweetener will not make your kids want to climb the walls like they do with high fructose corn syrup. The glycemic index is a low “55″ (depending on the variety), and is well absorbed in your body. In addition, your blood sugar is not affected the same way it is with white sugar, and you need less of it to provide the same level of sweetness.
Most of what you find in stores is processed. Unless it specifically says “RAW HONEY” on the label, than it isn’t.
What is Raw Honey?
You have to be very careful when shopping in stores that you don’t accidentally buy highly processed versions instead. Much of what is sold in stores is a very processed artificial fake substitute for the real thing. In the processing period, most have been heated to very high temperatures and have lost almost all of the health benefits.
Where we live, I can only find it in health stores such as Whole Foods or Boney’s. You can also buy this sweetener online with reduced prices and more varieties.
Why Use Natural Raw Honey For Baking?
It is an antiseptic, antibiotic, anti fungal, and antibacterial — and never goes bad.
The bees give us a sweet gift that contains several different types of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants including; niacin, riboflavin and pantothenic acid; minerals present include calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
This natural sweetener is a healthy food that it has been studied for almost every illness there is. Powerful studies have been shown at the effectiveness of it to heal all types of health problems, and is also just a wonderful addition to a healthy eating diet.
Every variety has a different taste depending on the location of the bees. In the raw form, it also retains all of it’s health benefits, as it has not been heated to high temperatures as it’s pasteurized counterparts have.
Quick and Easy Ways To Eat Raw Honey:
1. Enjoy a piece of whole grain toast topped with pure honey.
2. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
3. Make healthy muffins sweetened only with fruit juice, and spread the sweetness of the bees on top.
5. Make a fruit puree of berries to put on top of pancakes and sweeten with a tablespoon of honey.
6. Raw honey baking opens up all types of possibilities.
7. Make your own natural flavored yogurt with fresh fruit, raw honey and non-fat yogurt.
8. Make delicious salad dressings with balsamic vinegars, olive oil, spices and a tablespoon of honey.
Honey Bee Nectar Has Been Researched to Help Cure the Following Health Problems:
- To topically heal ulcers and burns
- An antibacterial agent that can be used any number of ways
- To stop bleeding gums, aid with sore throats, clean the mouth and is great for canker sores
- Combats infection and helps tissue rebuild.
- Reduces inflammation and scarring.
- A natural cough medicine that has been found more effective than cough syrups. (kids love the taste too)
- A great use to help stop diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ulcers and gastroenteritis.
- It keeps foods fresh and moist for an extended period of time
White table sugar does not even have ONE ILLNESS is is being studied to help with AND it lacks all of the vitamins, minerals and amino acids that this powerful sweetener has.
A wonderful resource to read about 240 honey remedies from bad breathe to lung problems.