Whole Wheat Pancakes Using a Pancake Recipe That Tastes Great!By
Are you looking for a pancake recipe that is healthy and tastes delicious to your kids? Most pancake recipes are not very good for you; but this pancake recipe is. If you have never tried whole wheat pancakes, then you are missing a wonderful breakfast alternative to give your kids for a healthy breakfast.
My kids LOVE this healthy whole wheat pancake recipe. I typically top these delicious pancakes either with fresh fruit, home made fresh whipping cream, or blue berry sauce made with raw honey. It is such a wonderful feeling watching my kids eat a delicious pancake recipe that is healthy for them.
Is it possible to have a healthy pancake recipe that also tastes good? That was my mission to explore. My conclusion is that YES it is possible. Try these whole wheat pancakes and you will feel great!
A Blueberry Pancake Recipe That Is Delicious & Healthy
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup of Quinoa flour
- 1 cup of plain yogurt with no sugar in it (Check label, most yogurt has a lot of sugar in it)
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of RAW honey (Make sure that you use raw honey versus processed honey. It will say this on the label and can be found at health food stores)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries (If you use frozen make sure you fully defrost before using)
- 3-5 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of blueberries/berries (optional)
Directions for making this healthy pancake recipe:
- Mix whole wheat flour, quinoa and baking soda together.
- Whip egg, vanilla, oil, yogurt and honey together and add to flour mixture
- Add milk to mixture until the batter is the consistency that you like. (Some people like thicker or thinner pancakes)
- Put berries in last.
- Easy and QUICK!
Turn griddle on 400.
Spray griddle with non-stick oil (Grape seed)
Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into pancake portions.
The great news is, you and your kids can enjoy delicious tasting whole wheat pancakes by using this healthy pancake recipe. This simple pancake recipe uses whole wheat pastry flour, raw honey, wheat germ and oil instead of butter. It tastes really good, and it is good for you.
When you make wholewheat pancakes from scratch, it also freezes very well. I have often made extra pancakes and brought them to picnics as an extra item in my kids lunches.
NOTE: Since these are whole wheat pancakes that use whole wheat flour, they will not have the same type of bubbles that white flour does letting you know to flip the pancake. With whole wheat pancakes you will have to check the pancakes to get a feel of when to flip them.
Also, wholewheat flour pancakes take longer to cook than white flour pancake recipes. The first time I made them they were undercooked, because it felt like they were on too long.