Mango Banana Muffin Madness RecipeBy
The “Mango Banana Muffin Madness” is a a very light and delicious healthy muffin. These mango banana muffins make a great healthy snack, or a nutritious healthy breakfast. With potassium from the bananas and fiber from the whole grains, bran’s and oats, this healthy mango banana muffin is delectable!
DID YOU KNOW? Mango is very high in iron and is recommended as a very healthy food for pregnant women to eat.
If you are looking for a high fiber healthy muffin recipe, you will love this mango banana muffin recipe. The carob chips really add a lot to the taste, as the chocolate taste of the carob chips combined with the banana and the mango is scrumptious.
These banana muffins with mangos and carob chips make a light treat that is filling and GOOD!
Overview of The Mango Banana Muffin Madness
The Living Healthy Mom healthy banana muffin recipe packs a punch with health, yet gives you a light taste from the banana and the mango. The fruit flavors blend together so smoothly that neither flavor overpowers.
The Mango Banana Muffin Madness recipe uses healthy baking flours such as oat flour, whole wheat pastry flour, whole grain oats and three different types of bran’s. With no butter and healthy grape seed oil, this banana muffin recipe is low in fat and high in taste. This muffin recipe is a wonderful living healthy baking treat that my kids just love!
DID YOU KNOW? Oat flour adds protein and calcium that promotes strong bone development; something that is particularly of interest to moms with growing kids.
Mango Banana Muffin Madness Recipe
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup whole grain oats
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/4 cup organic non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup of diced frozen mango
- 1 cup of carob chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F
- Using a mixer, combine the apple sauce, yogurt, raw honey, maple syrup, grape seed oil, eggs, vanilla and banana.
- In a separate bowl, sift the oat flour and the whole wheat pastry flour. If you don’t have a sifter, put the flour in the bowl and fluff it up with a fork. This gets air into the flour and will improve your baking results.
- Combine the flours with the oats, wheat bran, oat bran, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients and then stir in the carob chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop with an automatic dispenser to fill paper muffin tins 3/4 of the way to the top. (This is fast and easy without any mess.)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F until you smell wonderful chocolate chip banana and mango aromas going through your home
(Note: If you use silicone baking cups or paper baking cups you will drastically reduce clean up time. You will have no muffin tins to clean! )