9 Healthy Eating Tips To Feel GREAT!By
With everything that mom’s have to do, it is easy to forget that we are growing little beings.
What Does Eating Healthy Mean?
This topic of “what is healthy eating” gets very difficult for moms.
What does healthy eating REALLY mean? Depending who you talk to, it seems that everyone is coming out with something different.
You should eat no carbs, no sugar, low carbs, more protein, less fat, more fat, real food, imitation food so you don’t have the calories??????? Which one is correct?
YICKES! It is no wonder why most people do not eat healthy. It seems like “CRAZY town” out there when you start doing research.
What I did to come to my own conclusion about healthy eating was to look at all the major health problems that plague our society. Heart disease, obesity, diabetes and cancer. What I found was quite interesting.
These guidelines were:
1. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables every day.
2. Whole grains, nuts and beans
3. Limit saturated fat, and steer towards “healthy fats”
4. Reduce refined sugar intake greatly and don’t eat processed foods.
So based on these ideas, I came up with my own 10 healthy eating tips that anyone can use.
10 Way To Make Healthy Eating Simple:
1. COOK FROM SCRATCH versus buying processed foods. (It doesn’t take as long as you think!)
Just tell a mom with babies who is about to pull her hair out from running after kids all day……..that they should cook from scratch and make sure it is healthy. When you are dealing with children day to day, the thought of adding one more task can feel daunting.
Believe me when I say that I TOTALLY understand how difficult it can be to cook when you have children in the house regardless of if you are a stay at home mom, or a mom who works out of the house and has to come home and cook. It is not easy to balance everything.
I want to tell you, though it takes a bit more effort, eating healthy is worth putting a priority on.
Your kids will be eating healthy and will not be ingesting the numerous chemicals that are put in processed foods.
2. INVEST MONEY IN BUYING SOME ORGANIC VEGETABLES FOR YOUR HEALTH
3. BUY ORGANIC MILK AND CHICKEN
This is one area where I always buy organic. I always purchase organic milk and free range chickens that are treated humanely and don’t have the hormones.
That is a personal decision that everyone has to make.
4. MAKE FRESH VEGETABLE JUICE:
5. BAKE WITHOUT USING WHITE REFINED SUGAR
6. USE WHOLE GRAIN FLOUR AND WHOLE GRAIN PASTA
7. COOK WITH OIL INSTEAD OF BUTTER
8. EAT MANY DIFFERENT COLORS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES EVERY DAY
Every fruit and vegetable has different health benefits so it is a good idea to eat a mixture of all of the various colors and mixtures.
9. DRINK HEALTHY DRINKS & HEALTHY WATER (AVOID SODA AND SUGAR DRINKS)
Healthy eating means healthy drinking. I suggest not to drink any soda, or drinks that are filled with sugar and food coloring such as Gatorade. In addition, have your water sampled.The water your kids drink will help make your kids healthy or not. Invest in a reverse osmosis water distiller for your home so that your family is drinking high quality water.
Start your day off each morning by having you and your kids drink a big glass of water before you eat any food.