Crazy Good Blackberry Coconut MuffinsBy
If you love to eat light and airy coconut muffins muffins filled with plump, juicy blackberries, then you have to try this healthy muffin recipe as a wonderful healthy breakfast! These easy to make Blackberry Coconut muffins are one of my favorite Living Healthy Mom muffin recipes. These coconut muffins are filled with nutrients and packed with a fabulous taste that your whole family will enjoy!
Did you know that coconut sugar has 16 amino acids in it and enjoys one of the lowest glycemic indexes of all sweeteners.
Overview of The Crazy Good BlackBerry Coconut Muffins
These scrumptious blackberry coconut muffins will start your day right with a healthy breakfast that is easy to serve and very portable if you are eating on the run. Using a combination of almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, coconut sugar, unsweetened coconut and big plump blackberries, these easy to make muffins are packed with nutrients. There is no butter in this easy muffin recipe and it also uses non fat Greek yogurt to further enhance it’s health benefits.
It is advisable to buy organic blackberries that are frozen in bags when making this blackberry muffin recipe. Blackberries are one of the fruits that can contain a lot of chemicals if you don’t buy them organic. I buy huge frozen bags of blackberries from Costco.
CRAZY GOOD Blackberry Coconut Muffin Recipe:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Grapeseed Oil
- 1 cup of nonfat organic greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups of frozen organic blackberries
- Cook 25 minutes on 350 degrees F
- Makes 24 coconut muffins
- Using the paddle attachment on your mixer and combine the eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, Grapeseed Oil and non fat yogurt until mixed.
- In a separate bowl sift together the almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add the unsweetened coconut to the flour and mix together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix by hand until it is combined. (Do not over mix)
- Stir in your blackberries to the mixture.
- Using two regular size muffin pans, line them with paper muffin inserts or silicone. (This makes clean up a breeze)
- With an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- For your convenience, all linked items in the recipe below can be purchased online in bulk through Amazon. You can also find them in health food stores in smaller quantities; though typically they are more expensive.
Enjoy your healthy coconut muffins with plump blackberries!