Chocolate Frosting That is Healthy, and Delicious!By
Healthy Desserts - Frosting- Dairy Free- Sugar Free- Chocolate Frosting
Look out children’s birthday parties across the land, we now have a healthy chocolate frosting recipe to frost your cupcakes, and cakes with!
I am JUMPING for joy to have created a really yummy chocolate frosting that spreads just like a regular frosting and tastes AMAZING! No one would know that it is healthy! It is so quick and easy to make too!
Overview Of The Heavenly Healthy Chocolate Frosting
If you want to make a homemade chocolate frosting that is made using no cream and no white sugar, but tastes AMAZING, read on! This chocolate frosting recipe is sweetened with Agave instead of sugar, and instead of butter or cream, it uses healthy coconut milk powder. The best part is this frosting is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
You can make this chocolate frosting recipe in literally 5 minutes and it is even healthy for you! It is hard to believe when you taste it, but it is! Compare this frosting to either making it at home or buying it in a store and you will be amazed.
Compare Other Chocolate Frostings Available To Buy or Make:
Most chocolate frosting that you buy in the store are loaded with high fructose corn syrup, food coloring and artificial flavors.
Compare this to a delicious chocolate frosting recipe that is made with Agave syrup and the healthy coconut milk powder.
Did You Know? Coconut milk is very healthy for you? The fat that it has in it is converted to fuel almost immediately, and is known in many circles as being a healthy food to help promote weight loss. Read more about the healthy benefits of coconut milk.
Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup of coconut milk powder (I recommend Wilderness Family Naturals To buy coconut milk powder. Have not yet found in mainstream stores)
- 3/4 cup of very hot water
- 8 ounces of dark unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Agave syrup
- Take your very hot water (almost boiling) and mix together with the coconut milk powder until smooth and absorbed. (Do not try and substitute coconut milk that you buy in containers at the store; it isn’t as rich and it won’t work.)
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut mixture to a boil; whisking constantly.
- Take the mixture off the burner and add in the unsweetened dark chocolate and Agave until the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, or any other flavor you would like to add.
- Pour the chocolate frosting into a glass container and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then place in the refrigerator.
- Voila! Only 1 hour later you will have an amazing chocolate frosting to spread on your sweet healthy treats!
Want Easy Access To This Frosting Recipe
- If you wish to easily access this chocolate frosting recipe in the future, it will be listed under the “healthy desserts” drop down at the top of the page under “chocolate frosting.
Recipe created by Living Healthy Mom 2011
Your comments matter! Stay tuned! I will be posting a super yummy, dairy free chocolate cake recipe that I created using coconut milk! Please write comments if you make this chocolate frosting for your children’s birthday cakes and cupcakes!