Chocolate Cookies “Oh So Chewy”By The Living Healthy Mom
If you enjoy chocolate cookies that are soft and chewy, then you will LOVE these double chocolate cookies that I refer to as the “Chocolate Cookies Oh So Chewy!” These healthy chocolate cookies taste like a cross between a cookie and a brownie, and they are delicious to eat as either a healthy dessert, or a healthy snack.
The grain sweetened chocolate chips melt in your mouth and swirl together with the rich chocolate flavor of the cookie. These chocolate cookies are a wonderful living healthy baking treat that helps us have healthy kids!
Overview of The Healthy “Chocolate Cookie Oh So Chewy”
These chocolate cookies are very healthy for kids and taste really good. By using Quinoa flour, these chocolate cookies are loaded with protein and calcium to help keep your kids healthy. These chocolate cookies are also are sweetened with date sugar, raw honey and molasses, and have no butter in them what so ever. Low in fat with no refined sugar or white flour, these chocolate cookies are healthy for kids and delicious! You can’t ask for more than that in a chocolate cookie.
Interesting Health Fact About Date Sugar: Date sugar has a lot of Potassium in it, and studies have shown dates to help eliminate problems in pregnancy such as nausea.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup of Quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup organic non-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 2 tablespoons black strap molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of grain sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Use a mixer and combine eggs, yogurt, raw honey, molasses, date sugar, olive oil until mixed.
- Sift the whole wheat flour and the Quinoa flour. (If you don’t have a sifter, skip to step number 3)
- In a separate bowl, combine Quinoa flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, nutmeg, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix by hand.
- Stir in the grain sweetened chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets that lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Be sure not to overcook.