Bran Muffin Recipe with Honey, Oats, Quinoa and CarobBy
Bran muffins are delicious and so healthy for kids. This Honey Oat and Carob Bran Muffin recipe is packed with everything that is healthy for kids and for your hubby and was created by the Living Healthy Mom.
If you want to rotate what you serve your kids for breakfast, this bran muffin is a wonderful living healthy breakfast option for kids and adults alike. My kids even like to eat it as a healthy dessert topped with raw honey.
A bran muffin recipe that tastes amazing!
My bran muffin recipe uses raw honey and maple syrup to sweeten it combined with oat bran, whole wheat pastry flour and quinoa flour to pack it with an extra punch of protein, vitamins and minerals.
The combination of wheat bran and oat bran fills this bran muffin with goodness that will keep your kids energized and happy throughout the day.
Don’t forget that your kids will love the taste of this bran muffin when they find carob chips melting in their mouths. My kids loved this healthy bran muffin recipe and I hope that yours will love it too!
1 cup of wheat bran
1 cup of oat bran
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup whole grain rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup light olive oil
1 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend egg, maple syrup, raw honey and olive oil in your mixer.
- In a separate bowl mix together Quinoa flour, whole wheat pastry flour, wheat bran, oat bran, baking soda and rolled oats. After it is mixed add the carob chips.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix together.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them to the top. (Paper liners make clean up a breeze!)
- Bake the muffins until they are firm on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. 20-25 minutes.
Standard Post Review