The Best Banana Nut Bread RecipeBy
Healthy Breakfast- Healthy Recipes – Banana Bread
If are you looking for a scrumptious, healthy, low calorie banana nut bread recipe, you have come to the right place.
Why This Banana Nut Bread Recipe is So Healthy and Delicious
This banana nut bread recipe contains no white sugar, no white flour and no butter or oil. However, this sweet bread is still moist, sweet and so delicious that you would never know it is healthy for you. With this easy to make banana nut bread recipe, you get a powerhouse of nutrition that comes from the barley flour, the almond flour, the apple sauce and the bananas.
In addition, this healthy breakfast treat is sweetened agave syrup, bananas and applesauce which will not spike your blood sugar and/or make your kids crazy. The best part is this moist banana nut bread does not use ANY butter or oil, and instead uses applesauce and bananas to make it moist.
If you are watching your calories, this low calorie banana nut bread is wonderful to help you loose weight. If you are not watching calories, you will love the taste and the health benefits.
The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup of barley flour
- 1/2 cup of blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce (Beware of apple sauce with high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
Directions for the Easy To Make Banana Nut Bread Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Use your Kitchen Aid mixer, and use the blade attachment. (You can do by hand too) Mix together the bananas, vanilla, agave, egg, almond milk and apple sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine the barley flour, the almond flour, the baking soda and the chopped walnuts.
- By hand, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Bake for 55 minutes to an hour. Cool on a rack and then remove from pan, slice and serve.
- Freeze any bread that you do not eat within 1 day. It is so easy to defrost a piece of banana bread in the morning to add to your healthy breakfast.
The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe created by the Living Healthy Mom -October 2011