Healthy Banana Muffins with Peaches and StrawberriesBy
My healthy banana muffin recipe with peaches and strawberries is simply delicious and is best served cold.
I came up with this banana muffin recipe because I had a huge bag of Costco fruit that I used for smoothies. I accidently defrosted two bags of fruit after making a smoothie, so I went to work on creating a tasty muffin so I could use up the fruit. I wasn’t sure how the muffins would turn out, but my kids loved the banana muffin with peaches and strawberries; as they were very light and refreshing.
When you bite into the banana muffin you will love tasting the little bites of strawberries and peaches; with just a hint of banana. It tastes so good!
Banana Muffins With Peaches and Strawberries are So Light and Tasty!
My little boy said….”mommy make more of these muffins with strawberries” as cute as a 3 year old can say.
Banana muffins are part of a living healthy lifestyle if they are made with healthy ingredients. (Ripe bananas work the best) My banana muffin recipe has all sorts of healthy benefits. Aside from the health benefits of the bananas, peaches and strawberries in the muffins, there is also oat bran, wheat bran, wheat germ, yogurt, pure maple syrup, raw honey, and spelt flour.
My banana muffin recipe is also tasty topped with honey and lime, and makes for a wonderful living healthy dessert, or a healthy snack for kids.
Banana Muffin Recipe With Peaches and Strawberries By The Living Healthy Mom:
- 1 cup of frozen and defrosted peaches (keep the juice)
- 1/2 cup frozen and defrosted strawberries
- 2 bananas (ripe is best to bake with)
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey , (a great substitute for sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 cup organic, non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 6 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups will silicone baking cups, or grease with olive oil if using pans. (silicone baking cups work very well for muffins that have fruit)
- Slice the peaches and strawberries in small pieces.
- In a saucepan, combine the peaches, orange juice, raw honey and vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, blend together the eggs, olive oil, yogurt and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the the flours, baking powder, baking soda, wheat germ, oat bran, wheat germ, cinnamon and oat bran.
- Mix together the peaches and strawberry mixture with the egg mixture. (Make sure the peach/strawberry mixture is not hot so you don’t scramble the eggs)
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. NOTE: Silicone baking cups work very well with this banana muffin recipe. It is easy to pop the muffins out once the dry, where sometimes fruit can stick to the bottom of the pan.